Call Us Visit Main Site

Bucks Activity Project

Am I eligible?

Here you can find out more information on who is eligible to access our short break services.

Here you can find out more information on who is eligible to access our short break services.

Bucks Activity Project works with children and young people with varying levels of disability.

Your child must:
• Be under 19 years of age
• Identified as having a disability with additional needs
• Require support to access play and leisure activities

If your child has an Education, Health and care Plan (EHCP) but has not got a recognised disability you can still register with Bucks Activity Project.

Confirmation of disability or SEN may be required from a health, social care or education professional. This could include:
• GP
• consultant
• community nurse
• school or social worker.

Definition of “disability” under the Equality Act 2010. In the Act, a person has a disability if:
• They have a physical or mental impairment
• The impairment has a substantial and long term adverse effect on their ability to perform normal day-to-day activities.

For the purposes of the Act, these words have the following meanings:
• “substantial” means more than minor or trivial
• “long term” means that the effect of the impairment has lasted or is likely to last for at least twelve months
• “normal day-to-day activities’ include everyday things like, washing, walking and going shopping.

On registering, you will be asked to complete a support questionnaire to help us understand what level of short breaks service your child should be offered for the year. This might be a standard offer or enhanced offer with activities available from Bucks Activity Project or one of our sub-contracted partners.  If your child will achieve better outcomes by accessing universal services, we will support you in identifying suitable activities and helping your child to access these. If your child has a social worker, we may ask your social worker to help us understand your family needs.

For more information about eligibility please visit our FAQ page (insert link to FAQ) or contact Bucks Activity Project insert contact details.

More to explore

Not Registered Yet?

Sign up to be able to use our service

Sign up with us

Working in partnership

Buckinghamshire County Council is working in partnership with Action for Children to commission and fund a range of short break services for disabled children and young people.

Find out more