Visit Main Site

Kernow Connect

Where else can you go to get support with your mental health

Where else can you go to get support with your mental health

Are you aged 11 - 19 years or up to 25 with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND) and feel you need some support around your mental health?

What Can Kernow Connect Offer:

Are you suffering with Anxiety, low mood, panic disorders, obsessive behaviours or changes in behaviours and feelings?  Our Wellbeing Practitioners can offer one to one cognitive behavioural support to young people aged 11-19 years or 25 years with SEND.  

You can self refer by completing our online referral form here.

Look at our 'Getting Support' section too

If you need urgent support around your mental health you can see your GP/family doctor or contact CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services) on 01872 221400. For help out of hours you can call NHS 111 or dial 999/visit A & E in an emergency/crisis.



If your a child or young person who needs help urgently call Childline for free on 0800 1111 (up to and including 18yrs) - open 24hrs a day 

Young Minds

Provides young people with tools to look after their mental health. Visit their website to get advice and information on what to do if you're struggling with how you feel. They empower parents and adults who work with young people, to be the best support they can be to the young people in their lives. And Young Minds give young people the space and confidence to get their voices heard and change the world we live in. Together, we can create a world where no young person feels alone with their mental health.


You can speak to the Samaritans on 116 123. 

Early Help Hub, Cornwall Council

The ‘front door’ to Early Help services is led by Cornwall Council and Cornwall Foundation Trust.

Staff within the Early Help Hub will decide whether the child / young person is eligible for support and which service is most appropriate. This is usually in discussion with the person making the request and / or young person / family.

Children and young people who are aged pre-birth to 18 are eligible for this service. If a young person has a special educational need or disability, who have a need for early help care and support, this is extended up to age 25.

To request Early Help from Cornwall Council Children's Services call 01872 322277 

24/7 NHS Mental Health Response Line

For any mental health concerns you may need support and advice with.  Call them free on 0800 038 5300, any time day or night if you are worried about your own or someone else’s mental health.

Solihull 'Our Place'

Public Health are also offering free online courses for residents of Cornwall. The Solihull Approach has a course for teenagers, Understanding your brain (for teenagers only!). The Solihull Approach aims to improve emotional health and wellbeing by supporting relationships ( The courses are written by CAMHS professionals, with other health and education workers. They are evidence based and accredited by the DfE.

Link to the courses  - - access code TAMAR