Visit Main Site

Support for Children and Families in Powys

How to refer

Young man talking on the phone

There are a number of ways to get in touch if you wish to receive support from our service.

In the majority of cases, someone you/your child is currently working with - i.e. school, health visitor, health practitioner - will be able to complete a Child and Family Assessment (CAF) referral form with you.

Once we receive the CAF referral form, one of our family support team will get in touch to arrange a visit. This is an opportunity to discuss what services we can offer and to sign the relevant forms.

You can also self-refer to our service by calling the office on 01597 822190 (option 3 then 4). You’ll be put in touch with a worker in your area who will visit you to complete a referral form and discuss a support package that is child focused.

We help families of the children we're supporting develop a consistent, positive approach to parenting. This helps them recognise the long-term benefits of the positive changes they're making. Once our support comes to an end we can signpost you to other agencies, where available.